Monetizing OTN Premium Private Lines with iMaster NCE-T
With the release of digital strategies around the world, enterprise service cloudification and digital transformation are more than just buzzwords. According to McKinsey, the cloud migration rate of enterprises in the US has exceeded 85% and reached 70% in the EU.
Today, users expect the same experience on cloud as they would receive through local services. When it comes to serving production and office scenarios with low-latency and high-availability enterprise private lines, OTT enterprises are unable to provide E2E communication network connection capabilities in the same way as operators. A key question for global operators is how to convert their advantages in low-latency and high-availability enterprise private line connections into committed and monetizable SLAs.
- SLA measurement and monetization: How can operators measure latency and availability? Currently, common industry solutions are unable to accurately measure SLAs. Measurement is the basis for effective management and control, but how to implement accurate SLA measurement remains a key issue. How can we make the SLA marketable in the pre-sales phase, deliverable in the sales phase, and guaranteed after-sales? The integration of SLAs into operators’ government and enterprise private line marketing, delivery, and maintenance workflows determines the feasibility of SLA monetization.
- Conversion from passive maintenance to proactive optimization: Operators are struggling to find ways to proactively identify, pre-check, and pre-repair important fiber faults on the OTN network to reduce unnecessary fault reporting and minimize the risks of various services carried on the OTN network.
At the Huawei Global Analyst Summit in April, 2021, we shared the new capabilities of our all-optical NCE premium private line solution for autonomous driving networks.
These capabilities include committed latency, availability, and fiber sub-health predictions.
How will that Help Operators?
These features will enable operators to:
- Build all-optical enterprise private line services with a guaranteed, reliable experience
- Boost QoE from selling bandwidth to selling committed private line SLAs
- Boost digitalization capabilities in industries
- Committed low latency: Based on the industry’s unique in-line service latency measurement mechanism, iMaster NCE measures the latency of private lines with a precision of 0.1 ms. By combining this with the latency map, latency-based path computation policy, and real-time latency monitoring mechanism, iMaster NCE can help global operators implement premium private line services with committed latency. Due to the commercial value of latency monetization, Huawei provides more than 70 OTN government and enterprise private line networks in China.
- Committed availability: The key upgrade the solution provides is to monetize availability. By monitoring and calculating the availability of fibers, NEs, and service protection, iMaster NCE builds a comprehensive service availability measurement mechanism. With the help of the availability map, availability-based path computation and real-time availability monitoring mechanism, iMaster NCE helps operators implement SLA monetization of availability. The automatic fiber co-cable detection mechanism helps operators identify service protection risks, more accurately measure service availability, and proactively rectify networks to ensure service security.
- Predictable fiber sub–health: Based on the big data analysis of gradient fiber faults, iMaster NCE builds more than 10 gradient fault models such as fiber bending, loose connection, connector pollution, and fiber aging. It enables operators to predict and prevent gradient fiber faults in advance, slashing fiber faults by more than 30%.
Currently, the solution has been adopted by operators such as China Mobile, China Unicom, and China Telecom in more than 70 cities. It has also been adopted across Asia Pacific, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and Latin America, with nearly 400 sets of iMaster NCE-T having been commercially deployed worldwide.
It will help operators build gigabit optical networks with guaranteed reliable experience, drive cloud scenarios to industries around the world, and promote the digitalization of governments and enterprises, helping build a digital society where delivering a good experience is profitable.
Click the link to go for more information about the Huawei iMaster NCE-T.
Disclaimer: Any views and/or opinions expressed in this post by individual authors or contributors are their personal views and/or opinions and do not necessarily reflect the views and/or opinions of Huawei Technologies.