Meet the Winners: Huawei Hosts Design Competition at Mobile Human-Computer Interaction 2022 Conference
Mobile Human-Computer Interaction (HCI) is one of the leading international conferences in the field of human-computer interaction, boasting a wide influence and academic cohesion.
MobileHCI 2022 took place in Vancouver, Canada from September 28 to October 1, 2022, attracting 109 onsite attendees and around 100 online participants globally.
HCI Design and Innovation Competition
As one of the top sponsors of the conference, Huawei hosted a student competition for Huawei eyewear design and innovation. A total of 46 teams participated in the competition, eight of whom won awards.
- Teams from the Korea Advanced Institute of Science & Technology (KAIST), the University of Notre Dame in the United States, and Shanghai Jiao Tong University won the Best Implementation Award.
- Teams from the KU Leuven in Belgium, the University of Tokyo and Keio University in Japan won the Most Creative Award.
- Teams from the University of Duisburg – Essen in Germany, Zhejiang University in China, and the University of South Australia took home the People’s Choice Award.
Researchers from the Huawei Human-Machine Interaction Lab participated in the conference, exploring latest tech and trends with researchers, scholars, and conference attendees.
Huawei showcased its smartphones, tablets, glasses, wristbands, watches, headsets, and pens at Huawei’s booth to convey its design concepts and brand value, garnering the interest of attendees – Huawei’s Knuckle-Sense touchscreen technology is a typical case of integrating cutting-edge technologies into product design and user interface through joint innovation.
Huawei human-machine interaction (HMI) lab is located in Toronto, Canada and Shenzhen, China. The lab research covers novel interactive systems, sensing technologies, wearables, IoT systems, human factors, computer vision, and multimodal interfaces.
- Inside Our Human-Machine Interaction Lab
- Getting a Move On: Do People with Smartwatches Exercise More?
For recruitment inquiries, please contact Hector Cao (firstname.lastname@example.org).
For cooperation opportunities and other inquiries, please contact Adele Zhou (email@example.com).
Disclaimer: Any views and/or opinions expressed in this post by individual authors or contributors are their personal views and/or opinions and do not necessarily reflect the views and/or opinions of Huawei Technologies.